1. In the Academy refer to Black-Belt instructors as Professor, Sifu or Sensei and none Black-Belt instructor as Coach.
2. All metal objects, jewelry, piercing, necklaces and other items should be removed.
3. Keep off that mats if you are sick.
4. No shoes, food, drink or cell phones in the training area.
5. All students and Instructors must wear flip flops when walking outside of the training area and in the restrooms.
6. Bow when you enter and exit the training area.
7. All students must sign-in at the beginning of class.
8. Keep a respectful posture in the training area.
9. Classes begin with a formal bow to the instructor, with students lining up in descending rank order.
10. Classes end with a formal bow to the instructor then to the picture of our lineage.
11. Quiet please when class is in session and teaching and learning is in progress.
12. If you are late for class sit on the side of the training area and wait for permission from the Instructor.
13. If you need to leave early, please let you’re the Instructor know.
14. Bow to your partner before and after practice.
15. Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject.
16. Absolutely no foul language inside the school.
17. Keep fingernails and toenails short for hygiene and everyone’s safety.
18. A high standard of personal hygiene is mandatory and a sign of courtesy and respect.
19. All students, Instructors, Professors, and visitors must wear a kimono.
20. It is mandatory to wear a rash guard or training shirt and underwear underneath the kimono.
21. For Vale Tudo and No-Gi class, students must wear a shorts or spats as well as a rash guard or training shirt.
22. A clean uniform must be worn at all times. A dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect.
23. When tying the uniform, it is considered polite to face the edge of the mats.
24. The belt represents your progress. Keep it on.
25. No filming the instructor without consent.
26. No coaching from the sidelines. Please leave it to the instructors.
27. No celebrating after submitting your training partner; its not about winning but learning in the Dojo.
28. Unless you’re in a submission hold show heart and don’t give up because your in a tough spot or if your tired.
29. Tap early and tap often. Take care of yourself and your training partner and respect each other’s health and safety.
30. Prior to sparring let higher rank belts pick their partners first and make room for higher rank belts during sparring.
Program Policies and Expectations
- You can place your student account on hold for a minimum of 14 days per hold period and a maximum of 8 weeks (56 days) for a 12 month period. You can place your student account on hold for any number of days (minimum of 14 and up to 56 days)
- As much faith as we have in our service, we also provide you an extremely easy way to cancel outside our 60 day money back guarantee. Just provide a Notice of Cancellation prior to 30 days of your next billing date. Your notice must show evidence of the date you cancelled; this means you can use electronic mail, registered mail, or you can let us know in person—just get the cancellation receipt. 30% of of the outstanding balance on the account is due before we can finalize your cancellation.
- If you’ve paid for your membership is advance you may be able to cancel and receive a refund (with written notice being given) if;
- There is loss of life
- You become permanently sick or physically incapacitated (a licensed physician must confirm this in writing)
Personal Training Programs Policies and Expectations
Sessions can only be cancelled and rescheduled if 24 hours of notice is given.
We expect that people arrive on time for their sessions. This is to ensure that your trainer can keep their commitment to their other clients to be on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, and have not contacted your trainer to let them know you are running behind, the session will be cancelled and you will not be able to reschedule.
Same Day Rebooking Policy
As we all lead busy lives we know that sometimes things can come up last minute that would affect your ability to keep your scheduled appointments. For this reason, you are able to rebook a session with your trainer within the same day as your original booking as long as you provide us with at least 1 hour notice.
For month-to-month members, you can reschedule your session within 30 days of your original appointment if 24 hours of notice is given. For members that are enrolled in our Coaching and Mentorship Program, if you can’t reschedule within 30 days of your original appointment and 24 hours of notice is given, or if you are going on vacation in the committed time frame (3, 6, 12 months) we will allow these missed sessions to be carried over into the grace period; 1 month extension at the end of the chosen program.
If you were to start a 3-month program in the month of January, any missed sessions can be carried over into April expiring on the 30th.
If you were to start a 6-month program in the month of January, any missed sessions can be carried over into July expiring on the 31st.
If you were to start a 12-month program in the month of January, any missed sessions can be carried over into January in the following year expiring on the 30th.
All unused sessions will expire once the 1 month grace period lapse. This is designed to keep students/trainees accountable for their own training, protect the
livelihood of our trainers and to help insure no time slots are wasted for other students/trainees who also want to train.
Package Expiration/Refund Policy:
Individuals registered for personal training must complete all personal training sessions by the end of the student/trainee’s eligibility to participate in the program or by the expiration date of the training package, whichever comes first. All personal training packages expire after the one month grace period at the end of the program from the date of purchase. All packages are non-refundable/non-transferable.
As you make the commitment toward better personal health, we also make a commitment to you. Because we enter into this commitment with you, we have a few expectations of you while we work together.
- Please respect your trainer’s time and arrive to sessions early. This will enable you to have a full hour together and keep other appointments running on time.
- Please bring a water bottle to each session.
- Please ensure that you have had a meal approximately 1-2 hours prior to your session. It is very important that you are well feed, rested and hydrated. But if you are unable to eat before training please make sure to grab a shake or a bar.
- If you sweat heavily please grab a towel and make sure you wipe down equipment after use.
- Please return all gym equipment back to its appropriate place once you are done using it.
- Gym Attire:
· Because of the intimate nature of our facility, clean and odor free clothing is mandatory.
· To ensure everyone training in the gym comfortable we would suggest training in t-shirts/tank top and appropriate shorts or pants.